TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE JURNI ONLINE BOOKING PLATFORM
1. Thank you for using the Jurni Online Booking Platform (the “ Jurni Platform ”)
which is owned and operated by Jurni Proprietary Limited (“ Jurni ” / “we”).
Please carefully review these terms and conditions before utilising the Jurni
2. These Terms and Conditions (“Agreement”) constitute a binding agreement between you (the “User”/ “You” ) and Jurni and governs your access and use of the Jurni Platform.
3. The Jurni Platform offers an online venue that enables a natural person or juristic entity service provider (“Supplier”) to advertise, market, sell, promote and/or or offer various services, including but not limited to accommodation, activities, excursions and events (referred to as “Supplier Services”). Jurni also provides certain ancillary and administrative related services on behalf of the Supplier, which services include (but are not limited to) the collection of payments and the processing of refunds in certain circumstances, pursuant to the Supplier Services. The Jurni Platform enables Users to search through Supplier Services and to book the services offered from time to time via the Jurni Platform.
4. Jurni does not own, create, control, offer, manage, deliver, or supply any of the Supplier Services on the Jurni Platform and Jurni does not purport to act as a real estate agent, insurer, organiser or retailer of any of the Supplier Services. Jurni does not own the property/accommodation premises at which you choose to book, and by virtue of this fact Jurni shall not be held liable in law for any direct, indirect or consequential damage(s) to any property at the accommodation premises, or persons utilising the Supplier Services howsoever arising. Jurni merely provides an online platform through which Suppliers can advertise, market, sell, promote and/or or offer the Supplier Services to Users. The Suppliers are in themselves solely responsible for their Supplier Services and You accordingly understand that Jurni does not represent itself as a contracting party to any agreement concluded between the Supplier and yourself as the User for the provision of Supplier Services. Jurni merely transmits the relevant details of your reservation/purchase to the relevant Supplier, collects the purchase price on behalf of the Supplier and sends a confirmation email to You on behalf of the relevant Supplier(s).
5. Furthermore, Jurni is not acting as an agent in any capacity for any Supplier, except as specified in the Agreement. The relationship between Jurni and the Supplier is limited to the Supplier being an independent, third-party contractor, and not an employee, agent, joint entity or partner of Jurni for any reason. The Supplier understands that it acts exclusively on its own behalf and for its own benefit, and not on behalf, or for the benefit, of Jurni.
6. Any recourse that you may have regarding the Supplier Services must be directed to the Supplier concerned and you hereby indemnify and hold Jurni, its shareholders, directors, employees, agents and its affiliates and subsidiaries harmless from and against any claims, liabilities, damages, losses and expenses, including, without limitation, legal and accounting fees, arising out of or in any way connected with your breach of this Agreement, the improper use of the Jurni Platform or the Supplier Services, your interaction with any User or Supplier, participation in any of the Supplier Services, including without limitation any injuries, losses or damages (whether compensatory, direct, incidental, consequential or otherwise) of any kind arising in connection with or as a result of such interaction, stay, participation or use, your breach of any laws, regulations or third party rights.
7. All concerns regarding bookings and payments, overbooking and double booking, modification of confirmed bookings, damage to accommodations and disputes, non-arrival/late arrival and dissatisfaction with the Supplier Service must be directed to the Supplier and will be resolved in terms of the policies/processes of the Supplier concerned.
8. When submitting content on a community or discussion forum, or rating or writing a review of a Supplier Services, you hereby acknowledge and accept that the content thereof will be publicly visible on the Jurni Platform, and other sites of Jurni’s partners/affiliates and may exist even after the Jurni Account is terminated. Kindly note that verified images are intended only to indicate a photographic representation of a Supplier Service at the time the photograph was taken and are therefore not an endorsement by Jurni of any Supplier or Supplier Service.
9. You may be required to register a Jurni account (“Jurni Account ”) to access and use certain features of the Jurni Platform. If you are registering a Jurni Account for a business, organisation or other legal entity, you hereby represent and warrant that you have the authority to legally bind that entity and grant Jurni all permissions and licences provided in this Agreement. Users warrant that all information provided on the Jurni Platform is accurate and complete at the time of making a booking for a Supplier Service. Jurni shall not be liable for any incorrect information provided to the Supplier when a booking is made.
10. You are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality and security of your Jurni Account credentials and may not disclose your credentials to any third party. You must immediately notify Jurni if your credentials have been lost, stolen, misappropriated, or otherwise compromised or in case of any actual or suspected unauthorised use of your Jurni Account. You will be liable for any and all activities conducted through your Jurni Account, unless such activities are not authorised by yourself and are not otherwise negligent (such as failing to report the unauthorised use or loss of credentials).
11. When making a reservation and/or a purchase on the Jurni Platform for the Supplier Services, you will be given the option to store your payment method information for future use. Should you exercise this option, You hereby authorise Jurni to store your payment method information and charge your payment method if necessary. If your payment method’s account information (e.g. account number, routing number, expiration date) changes as a result of re-issuance or otherwise, you understand that we may acquire that information from our financial services partner or your bank and update your payment method on file in your Jurni Account.
12. You are solely responsible for the accuracy and completeness of your payment or pay-out method information. Jurni is not responsible for any loss suffered by you as a result of incorrect payment method or pay-out method information provided by you. The payment services used by the Jurni Platform may contain links to third-party websites or resources (“ Third-Party Services ”). Such Third-Party Services are subject to different terms and conditions and privacy practices which Users should review independently. Jurni is not responsible or liable for the availability or accuracy of such Third-Party Services, or the content, products, or services available from such Third-Party Services and the links to such services are not an endorsement of such services. The payment and pay-out method for Third-Party Services may involve the use of third-party payment service providers who may charge additional fees when processing payments and pay-outs in connection with the payment services. Jurni is not and cannot be held responsible for any such fees and disclaims all liability in this regard.
13. Jurni may restrict the availability of the Jurni Platform or certain areas or features thereof, if this is necessary in view of capacity limits, the security or integrity of our servers, or to carry out maintenance or upgrades that ensure the proper or improved functioning of the Jurni Platform. Jurni may improve, enhance and modify the Jurni Platform and introduce new Supplier Services from time to time.
14. A Supplier may use third party services available through the Jurni Platform to assist with managing their accommodation or providing additional services requested by you, such as cleaning services, maintenance services or security service providers. In some instances a Supplier may use features on the Jurni Platform to share information about you (including, but not limited to, check-in and check-out dates, your name and your contact details) with such third-party service providers for the purposes of coordinating the stay, managing the accommodation, or providing other services. A Supplier is solely responsible for the third party service providers that they use and are solely responsible for ensuring those third party service providers process your information securely and in compliance with applicable law including the Protection of Personal Information Act 4 of 2013.
15. Jurni reserves the right to modify this Agreement at any time in accordance with this provision. Any changes in terms of this Agreement will be posted on the Jurni website and/or the Jurni application and we will update the “last updated” date at the top of this Agreement. We will also provide you with notice of the modifications via email within a reasonable time before the date that they become effective.
16. Should you disagree with the revised/modified Agreement, you are entitled to terminate the Agreement. Jurni will inform you about your right to terminate the Agreement in via email. If you do not terminate the Agreement before the date the revised Agreement becomes effective, your continued access to or use of the Jurni website and/or jurni application will constitute acceptance of the revised Agreement.
17. Cancellation & Non-Arrival Conditions
a) Cancellation of a booking, by the User, 7 days or more in advance of a check-in date will entitle the User to be refunded the full amount paid by the User for the total purchase price.
b) Cancellation of a booking, by the User, 6 days or less in advance of the check-in date will entitle the User to be refunded 50% of the amount paid by the User for the total purchase price.
c) Cancellation of a booking, by the User, 48 hours or less in advance of the check-in date will not entitle the User to be refunded any payment made by the User and the full amount for the check-in date will remain due and payable.
d) If Users are unable to make their booking, or fail to arrive on the check-in date, for whatever reason, the full amount for the total purchase price will remain due and payable.
e) Cancellation of a booking by Jurni will entitle the User to be refunded the full amount paid by the User for the total purchase price.
17.1. User refunds pursuant to cancellations contemplated in (a)-(c) above will be processed by Jurni within 2-3 business days from the date of cancellation. A refund pursuant to a cancellation contemplated in (e) above will be processed by Jurni within 48 hours of cancellation. The User accepts that delays may occur due to the User and Jurni utilising different banks.
17.2. Non-arrival guests, who are unable to attend or fail to attend for whatever reason will forfeit any deposit paid and the full amount of the booking will be due and payable. If in the event, a User is eligible for a refund, additional transaction charges may be applied by the Supplier or Jurni. Overbookings and/or misbookings are the sole responsibility of the Supplier. In the event of such, the Supplier or in certain circumstances Jurni, on behalf of the Supplier, will by no later than 2 Business Days, refund the Traveller for any and all amounts paid by the Traveller for a Booking that was misbooked or overbooked by the Supplier.
17.3. Users are encouraged to take out appropriate holiday/cancellation insurance where required, from an appropriate insurance provider. In the event that the Supplier needs to cancel a booking, Jurni cannot be held liable by Users for circumstances beyond their control. Jurni and the Supplier’s liability to the User is limited to the refund of any payment already made by the User.
18. No failure by the Jurni to enforce one or more of the provisions within this Agreement shall constitute a waiver of any such provisions or of the rights of Jurni thereafter to enforce each and every term and condition of this agreement. If any provision hereof is held to be illegal, invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be deemed to be pro non scripto but without affecting, impairing or invalidating any of the remaining provisions of this agreement which will continue to be of full force and effect.
19. You acknowledge that this Agreement shall be construed in accordance with South African law and the performance and enforcement of the rights and obligations contained herein shall be governed in terms of South African law prevailing from time to time, which shall be deemed to be the proper law of contract. You may indicate your consent to be bound to the Agreement by assenting to same by way of a double click on the Jurni Platform.